Pages

+JMJ+
Nolite Conformari Huic Saeculo

Saturday, May 5, 2018

New Baby Has Arrived!

A little late on this update, but understandably I've been busy!

On April 25th (just a week and a half ago!) at 6:15 pm Jessica and I welcomed our baby girl to the family naming her Isabelle Claire. Weight at birth was just under 6 lbs, but don't let her small size fool you. She passed her tests with flying colors and so far, at home, has made an attempt to try learning how to crawl, so she just may yet be an overachiever like her dad!

All the excitement at everything she does comes at the very small price of being just a little fatigued. But that is okay! What is interesting is that I was advised by some parents during Jessica's pregnancy "Oh, that first week is so hard. Watch out!" The first week with Isabelle home was probably anything but as hard, or terrible as some say. That is not to say that my experience with fatherhood is the exception--or even the rule--but rather I count myself fortunate and blessed that my wife and I have somehow narrowly escaped the drastic changes Isabelle has no doubt brought to our family life.

Jessica and I thank everyone for the continued support and prayers on our behalf as we get settled in what is now our new reality. And you know something? It just isn't that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment