Pages

+JMJ+
Nolite Conformari Huic Saeculo

Friday, May 11, 2018

16 Days Into Fatherhood

Yep, you could say that reality is starting to sink in. This is my life now. A life of caring for more than just me. It's about the family now. By now most parents I've encountered would be exhausted and probably ready to give up. Nope, not me! I've come to realize that sometimes in those moments when the baby is asleep, when suddenly it seems like equilibrium has been restored are those very moments when taking a quick nap or seizing the opportunity to take care of a chore or two.

I finally said to Jessica this morning, "I think our days of sleeping in a little are over." She gave me an exhausted, emotionally drained look, of course, as if to say, well, duh, you think? Overall I think we are getting the hang of things.

Amidst it all Isabelle continues to amaze me! She's already trying to get her arms and legs into motion to crawl, although the mechanics need to get worked out some. In some ways it seems like she's taking after her dad in being an overachiever. This has got me thinking what will I do if she becomes an overachiever or starts to get ahead of other kids her age? And I think that I'm just going to encourage her. I can't wait to see how her personality and natural talents will develop over the course of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment