Pages

+JMJ+
Nolite Conformari Huic Saeculo

Friday, January 24, 2020

Second Promotion

Source: https://xkcd.com/806/
I am happy to announce that for the past month I have been working in a different department.  As the title suggests I have been promoted.  Again.

It has been less than a year since I left my old job as an Optician and began working at an ISP in technical support.  Moreover the two promotions, first as a residential tier 2, and then to a business technical tier 1 analyst have both come as tremendous surprises (as well as new challenges).  Regardless, I transitioned well into the residential tier 2 position and so far as a business analyst I'm getting along with my team and building upon my knowledge base and skill set.

Mkay, so what exactly do I do?

Essentially I do the same thing I was doing for residential clients.  I trouble shoot reported issues and assist end users in solutions that resolve their problems.  But I also do so much more than I did when I was in the residential department.

With our business clients I give technical support for their phone systems, email, and general web hosting.  To say that each trouble ticket is more involved than I have previously worked with would be an understatement.

A simple issue of internet being reported as down also means that the phone systems that I support will likely also be effected.  The work that I do for a lot of trouble tickets usually involves more than just myself.  Since I am supporting everything from small businesses to medical facilities.  This means that every second counts.

I think this is the first company I've worked for where I can say with confidence that I love my job and I look forward to commuting to work every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment