Pages

+JMJ+
Nolite Conformari Huic Saeculo

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Surprise Birthday Weekend!

My wife had been planning something for a few weeks - and it totally surprised me!

I had planned to take the family to Illinois to visit my parents over my birthday weekend (turned 34... I think...) and that, of course, became the main focal point of the trip.  It was great to give Isabelle time to spend with her grandparents and her uncles, aunts, and cousins who came to join in the fun.  After all, family is important, and it's good to make sure children are exposed to their family members - no matter how odd they may be.

That turned out to not be the only fun that happened, as my dear wife invited my best friends - a few who I haven't seen since the wedding - into town to surprise me with their presence.  I had a fantastic time catching up with everyone, and I was incredibly honored by the event.

So, to all my friends, and especially my dearest wife: Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment